There are millions of lone workers around the world who are at risk of being subjected to an injury or violence on the job. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, there are over 694,000 reports of violence in the workplace and nearly 7,500 falls that occur per year. Mobile personal emergency response system (mPERS) devices such as the Libris® 2 mPERS offer peace of mind for lone workers in situations such as these with our advanced fall detection, rapid response rate and EverThere web portal. Let’s take a deeper look at the many ways the Libris 2 device can provide extra support and security for lone workers.
Defining the Lone Worker
First, it’s important to understand who falls under the “lone worker” category. The lone worker is anyone who carries out a work activity away from co-workers and without close or direct supervision. However, lone workers are not always those working in complete isolation. When identifying those in the lone worker category, it is important to consider the various situations one may find themselves in, such as:
- Social workers, home healthcare providers, and realtors who visit clients in their homes.
- Construction workers, teachers and students who work in a secluded area, or alternately large, noisy environments who may have trouble calling for help.
- Retail workers, hospitality workers, and security guards working with the general public are at risk due to the large number of people in these spaces.
- On-The-Road workers including taxi/Uber/Lyft drivers, business travelers, and delivery drivers run a risk of road and traffic accidents that may lead to aggression.
Advanced Technology and Key Features
The Libris 2 mPERS device provides lone workers with the confidence to know they can call for help at any time. When the panic button is pushed, or a fall is detected, the device’s location and status is provided immediately to a call center dispatch station. The worker will then be connected to a trained response agent who can notify authorities and send help right away to the worker’s exact location. Some key benefits include:
- A panic button for immediate help
- Advanced fall detection technology triggers an alert without any manual intervention
- Automatic location coordinates sent to the call center
- Two-way voice calling to confirm incident
- Audible or discrete alerts
Increased Visibility for Employers
The Libris 2 fall detection device provides end-users and their employers with additional reassurance through the use of our cloud-based, API portal EverThere. The portal enables multi-person and secure care coordination with people you can rely on. Employers are able to create check-ins with employees to ensure their safety if they have been at a job site for too long. Through the portal, employers can view the location of the device, GPS waypoints the employee has traveled, device status such as signal and battery strength, and much more! Customization is offered through the EverThere portal as well, such as white labeling. White labeling allows a customer to label the portal with their logo, so the portal is unique for each specific customer.
The Numera brand from Nortek Security & Control has been producing industry-leading fall detection devices since 2014 with the goal to empower users to be independent and feel safe. We allow the flexibility for customers to choose from a large variety of monitoring service partners and have a large dealer and distributor network.
For more information on our advanced fall detection, download your free copy of our new whitepaper. View our library of blog content and sign up for our newsletter, The Independent, for industry-related news and updates!